As we count the things we’re grateful for, one stands out: YOU!
We are so grateful for you, our CFE and Save the Sound members, for caring about Connecticut’s land, air and water, and Long Island Sound…and for being part of our team!
You have plenty of interests and responsibilities competing for your attention, but you take the time to be a member of Connecticut Fund for the Environment and its bi-state program Save the Sound.
Your membership dollars, joined with those of your fellow members, make scores of environmental accomplishments possible.
With your help, this year we have:
- Kept up the pressure to save Plum Island from the auction block
- Taken Westchester County and 11 Westchester municipalities to court for violating the Clean Water Act
- Begun work to restore river and marsh habitats in New Haven and Mystic and at Sunken Meadow State Park on Long Island
- Intervened in legal proceedings to defend the pristine Oswegatchie Hills in East Lyme from development, and watershed lands in West Hartford from a gas pipeline
- Created a citizen toolkit to help protect healthy street trees from over-zealous utility companies that would cut them down
- Co-founded a coalition to get more clean-driving electric vehicles on the road
- Launched our Sound Health Explorer online tool so everyone around Long Island Sound can see if their local beach is safe from bacterial pollution
- …and much more! You can read the latest in our fall newsletter.
Your annual gift helped make it all possible. As a member, you leverage the support of thousands of other concerned individuals across Connecticut and New York. When the opposition hears how many members we have, they know we are a force to be reckoned with.
Thank you for all you do throughout the year to help protect the land, air, and water of Connecticut and Long Island Sound. Wishing you safe and happy holidays!