We’re putting the final touches on a wonderful year for CFE/Save the Sound. Here are the top ten most read blogs of the year! We’re looking forward to another great year filled with more stories and successes. Thank you for your continued support! A complete year in review will be coming soon.
The Seaside, Waterford, CT
Happy New Year!
1. The Seaside in Waterford: Connecticut’s first new coastal state park in 50 years, October 1
2. Save the Sound grades New York sewage treatment plants, April 14
3. For oxygen in the Sound, which is more important: the size of the sewage plant or its location? January 27
4. A Blue Plan for Long Island Sound, March 5
5. Old Saybrook votes to buy The Preserve! July 9
Phil Horner (L) discovered the Marshlands spill in Rye. Talia Steiger (R) was our seasonal Bacteria Monitoring Coordinator.
6. Save the Sound Volunteer helps stop sewage spill at Marshlands in Rye, July 9
7. CT Environmental Groups applaud Governor’s veto of fishing season for glass eels, June 2
8. Shagbark Lumber: from two-man farm to solar farm, October 2
9. The EPA’s new Climate Rule: a complete breakdown, June 5
10. The Age of Renewables: the future is now, April 15
Phil Miller, former First Selectman of Essex and current State Representative, leads a hike in The Preserve. Photo by Bob Lorenz.
Cover photo: American Yacht Club, Rye, NY by Abby Archer