Did you know? You can give via your IRA

Dear Friends,

There are a lot of ways to give to CFE/Save the Sound. Here’s some good news on one of them!

The IRA Charitable Rollover has been made retroactive for 2015, and it’s been permanently extended!

The less good news: if you’re planning to make a tax deductible contribution from your IRA in 2015, they didn’t give you a lot of time. The deadline is December 31.

On December 18, the President signed a bill into law allowing you to donate, tax free, as much as $100,000 per year directly from your traditional or Roth IRA. Gifts made in this way to qualified charities count toward the required minimum distribution. To qualify, you must be at least 70-and-a-half years old, and your distribution must go directly from your IRA to CFE or our bi-state program Save the Sound.

To make a gift, please send a letter to your IRA administrator requesting a direct charitable distribution to Connecticut Fund for the Environment/Save the Sound. Please include our federal ID, 06-0990195. Please include a copy of that letter with your contribution, so we know who to thank. You can send your gift in care of me: Heidi Green, Director of Advocates and Special Gifts, CFE/Save the Sound, 142 Temple Street, Ste. 305, New Haven, CT 06510.

Please call (203) 787-0646, ext. 109 or email hgreen@ctenvironment.org if you have any questions.

Thank you. We wish you a happy and healthy New Year!

Posted by Heidi Green, Director of Advocates and Special Gifts, CFE/Save the Sound

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s