On September 29, 2015, Connecticut joined the International Zero-Emission Vehicle Alliance, which aims to accelerate the deployment of zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) around the world.
This initiative builds on a previous agreement among eight U.S. states (including Connecticut) to promote ZEVs. In this episode, learn more about which jurisdictions are involved in the new international alliance and how they plan to bring ZEVs to the world stage. We’ll also discuss a new report from the International Council on Clean Transportation, which estimates that there are now 1 million ZEVs on the world’s roads!
Sources & Helpful Links:
- Press release from CT DEEP on the Alliance http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?Q=571336&A=4707
- CalEPA, Global Alliance Accelerates Transition to Zero-Emission Vehicles (Sept. 29, 2015), http://www.calepa.ca.gov/PressRoom/Releases/2015/Alliance.htm
- CalEPA, New Initiative Accelerates Global Transition to Zero-Emission Vehicles (Aug. 20, 2015), http://www.calepa.ca.gov/PressRoom/Releases/2015/EVGlobalTran.htm
- Green Car Congress, International Alliance on ZEVs seeks to accelerate ZEV adoption; 11 founding government members from N America and Europe, http://www.greencarcongress.com/2015/09/20150929-zevs.html
- International Council on Clean Transportation, Transition to a Global Zero-Emission Vehicle Fleet: A Collaborative Agenda for Governments (Sept. 29, 2015), http://www.theicct.org/transition-global-zero-emission-vehicle-fleet-collaborative-agenda-governments
- NGT News, International ZEV Alliance Grows to 11 Member Governments (Sept. 29, 2015), http://www.ngtnews.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.11164#.VgvnBn3t22k