Summer’s almost over, so we have a plan to make sure enjoying Long Island Sound is part of your summer! We are partnering with The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk to host our first ever FACEBOOK SCAVENGER HUNT beginning TODAY.
Here’s how it works:
Below are seven items that are Long Island Sound related. Snap a photo of each item and post them to our Facebook wall. When you’re done, post on the wall saying so!
The items are:
- A critter that can be found both in Long Island Sound at at The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk
- Someone (or YOU) picking up trash on our beaches
- A Long Island Sound sunrise or sunset
- A Preserve the Sound (CT) or Coastal Marine District (NY) license plate
- A habitat restoration project (see this list for examples of where some can be found: http://www.ctenvironment.org//pdf/long-island-sound/Habitat%20Restoration%20Projects.pdf)
- A sailboat sailing on Long Island Sound
- Show (on a map) where you live in relation to Long Island Sound
We have GREAT prizes for the first three people who complete the hunt.
First Place: A family four-pack of Adventure Pass tickets (includes aquarium admission and a Classic IMAX movie) to the The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk and two tickets to a public sail with Schooner, Inc.
Second Place: A weekday evening sail for two and discussion of Long Island Sound with Save the Sound’s very own Curt Johnson
Third Place: A year’s membership to Save the Sound and a reusable water bottle
The contest will run from August 15 through August 29. We’ll announce the winners on Thursday, August 30 . . . or sooner, if three of you work fast!
Good luck and get hunting!